5 habits that can make you reduce work stress and increase harmony
It's so easy to be caught up in work stress, work all day and night and all of a sudden you don't feel well anymore. We need to take care of ourselves in order to stay healthy long-term. How can we achieve this? In my opinion, it only takes small habits to reboot to a more healthy you. This guide is written to my fellow business women but can of course be implemented by anyone.
This is my 5 habits that I incorporate in my daily life in order to feel good:
1. Prioritize sleep. It's so easy to think that you don't need those hours and that you can do something more productive, but sleeping is the most important habit to stick to according to me. If it's impossible to go to bed to get the right amount of hours a certain day - be sure to add those lost hours of sleep in the weekend.
2. Move your body. The best thing is to regularly exercise, I try to do it 4-5 times/week because it makes me feel good, but the most important thing is to do something. Go for a walk, even if it's just around your house. Do you work from home? Try to take a walk in the morning as if you would have gone to work.
3. Remember to eat. Not eating because you're stressed is not good for you. For me personally, I can sometimes forget to eat if my day is hectic, sometimes I need to set alarms to make sure that I don't forget it - whatever works for you.
4. Practice to be present. For example by meditating or similar. By focusing on your breathing, magical things can happen and you can feel more in harmony, but remember that it takes time before you feel the difference. Try practicing at least 5-10 minutes a day at a given time slot, preferably in the morning.
5. Set a daily stop-working-deadline - and keep it. Most of us need to unwind before going to sleep, if you set an internal deadline where you say to yourself "after X PM my day is finished, and I don't need to perform anymore" it can help you to increase harmony and avoid the feeling of you only working and not relaxing. Setting a deadline has helped me a lot, sometimes it's that easy...
Do you have any good habits to feel better? Let me know.